Eye speculums come in different sizes for adults and children. There are different types based on their purpose.
- Barraquer Solid Blade Speculums are used generally in retina practices,
- Alfonso Speculums and wire speculums may be used in general ophthalmologist or optometrist office.
- Lierberman Style are used in Lasik Surgery with the need for adjustable opening.
- Most speculums are usually made out of stainless steel material which makes them pretty durable. Most speculums are available for sale are shaped similar, but have a few minor differences.
- Some such as Alfonso Speculums have button handles for increased gripping,
- while others Lieberman Style have built-in screws to control the flexibility of the blades.
These tools are normally purchased by eye doctors who understand what the different eye speculums are and which ones are suitable to use on various patients.
Blog Post Sponsored By AccuSpire.Com